Saturday, September 23, 2006

Days 3-5 of Building Blitz

As I mentioned in the last post, my house ended up closing this week and I was not able to continue with the building blitz. I hated to not be a part of the excitement, especially the dedication of it on Friday, but I needed to get moved in and finish our last leg of the journey to transition in our new life here in Shreveport. To see a lot of pics from the week, visit our new flickr page. Many of you know the crazy problems we've had with getting this house closed out, but there's more. Yesterday when the movers showed up from Dallas, they started taking furniture out of the truck, beginning with patio furniture. I quickly accused Jinny of buying new stuff while I was unaware and soon discovered that the movers brought the wrong furniture! As someone mentioned, we started looking for the locusts, boils and frogs at this point. To make a long and painful story short, the movers took the wrong trailer back and returned at the end of the day with the right one and we got it unloaded last night. We are happy to be in a place we can call our own (or does the bank think its theirs?) and to now make it a home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home